After an up and down month, it is my pleasure to announce two days with a whole lotta the good stuff.
- We’ve got a friend with both HIV and terrible arthritis. She starting walking again yesterday for the first time in a week.
- After the tricky process of job adverts and interviews, I’m getting a new workmate in my lonely office next week!
- A rocking bible study. Topic – Palm Sunday’s this week, so what is peace, really?
- Our neighbor has ancient manure for our garden – perfect!
- Tessa’s group filmed people talking about how alcohol has affected their lives. Acolis are way better in front of the camera than Kiwis!
- Tessa sold 1.5 tonnes of maize. Oh yeah, monkey off the back
- Tessa met 2 other people who love their kitty nearly as much as she does. One was a woman with cancer in the hospital, and the other the guy she sold her maize to!
- The kitty himself. Sir Edmond. Enough said
- The rain came YAY and the hut doesn’t leak at all!
And I think we’re in the world cup cricket final. Is is true? Sometimes its hard to believe from the other side of the world 😀
Wow, that really is a fab few days….Well done on selling the maize! That is a lot!
Cheers Malena. Lifting 100kg sacks to weight them was a bit of fun with my slight frame. Luckily there were a couple of woman with biceps twice my size to help 😀
Wow n wow!! Great news!! YES in the finals on Sunday. The Crusaders were filmed silently listening to the semi’s on the radio at training ( In Africa) and then erupting into sounds of jubilation with Elliot’s six. Oh yeah!
Nice one Dorothy. We can watch the cricket here but the Crusaders are just not possible
Hurrah for all the above!!!! much love from the other “other” side of the world 🙂
Love back to you Claire. You are on the other side for all intents and purposes (that’t a weird phrase isn’t it), but not technically on the other side :p. We’re North of the equator too, by a couple of hundred kilometers!
Hey… all such good news….
Excellent to hear about taking on someone in the office… brilliant!
NEW ZEALAND CHURCH MISSIONARY SOCIETY
78 Peterborough Street, PO Box 25098, Christchurch 8144, New Zealand
Ph +64 3 377 2222 Ext 31, Fax +64 3 377 1111
Thanks Lesley 🙂 Nick’s new co-worker will start on Tuesday…she was picked out of over 70 other applicants, so she better be good!
That kitten is so cute😊. Also i like your happy yellow house😊. Love Gabby